Friday, October 19, 2012

What Was Your Dream Job?

Did you play teacher growing up? Was that your dream job when you were a kid? Well teaching is still my dream job. Growing up I played school every day with my brother, my cousins, and sometimes even just my stuffed animals. Every birthday or holiday it would be another excuse to get more teacher supplies. I had blackboards, chalk, name tags, bells, stickers- you name it, I had it. Then when my little sister was born I thought it was the perfect opportunity to be her "teacher". Right before she went to kindergarten I would sit with her and make her practice her letters, numbers, name, address, every day. She hated me for it then, but now thanks me for it. Teachers are not just people who teach in a classroom about Math, Science, English, or History, they also are people just teaching others how to do new things. Coaches, parents, priests, bosses all can be considered teachers. At some point or another they teach you how to do something that you do not know how to do. That is why becoming a teacher is so important to me. I will be impacting so many children's lives that it makes it all worth it. I do not care about the money or the work that I will have to do because in the end the reward is the children succeeding for the rest of their lives because of the things I taught them. Appreciate your teachers and all that they do for you. You will not realize how important they are until much later on in life but thank them every chance you get. 


1 comment:

  1. I remember playing teacher and grading pretend tests. It is funny how little kids want to grow up so fast and how they idolize grownups when they are younger. But, when we do grow up we forget about the people who were once so important to us. You're right, teaching is a very important job, and kids and parents need to remember that. These teachers are here to help shape your child for the future and teach things that might not even be taught at home. America in general needs to appreciate teachers more.

    ReplyDelete